ImANewUser Amazing Race 17 (also known as TAR Mixed-Gender Teams 3) is the 17th installment of the fictional series, ImANewUser Amazing Race. This is the fourth season hosted on CTS (Clubs That Suck) and conducted on Discord.
- 1 Production
- 2 Leaderboard
- 3 Episode Quote Titles
- 4 Prizes
- 5 Elimination Station
- 6 Pre-Legs
- 7 Race Locations
- 7.1 Leg 1 (United States Of America → United States Virgin Islands)
- 7.2 Leg 2 (United States Virgin Islands → Cuba)
- 7.3 Leg 3 (Cuba → Colombia)
- 7.4 Leg 4 (Colombia)
- 7.5 Leg 5 (Colombia → Guinea)
- 7.6 Leg 6 (Guinea → Côte D'Ivoire)
- 7.7 Leg 7 (Côte D'Ivoire → Moldova)
- 7.8 Leg 8 (Moldova → Russia)
- 7.9 Leg 9 (Russia → Cyprus)
- 7.10 Leg 10 (Cyprus)
- 7.11 Leg 11 (Cyprus → India)
- 7.12 Leg 12 (India → Philippines)
- 7.13 Leg 13 (Philippines → Hong Kong)
- 7.14 Leg 14 (Hong Kong → United States Of America)
- 8 External Links
Development and Filming
During the season preview, it was revealed that the race will include a first-time visit to Guinea. The preview also teased visits to Colombia and Cyprus. Russia will be visited this season, similar to the previous seasons. A midseason promo also revealed that the race will visit India.
|Position (by leg)||Roadblock Tally|
|Claude & Hilda
|2nd||2nd||2nd||9th||1st||3rd||5th⊂||3rd||1st||3rd||1st+>||2nd||2nd||1st||Claude 7, Hilda 6|
|Olcay & Thomas
|4th||1st||7th||10th||5th||4th||6th||7th||2nd⊃||5th||3rd+>||1st||3rd||2nd||Olcay 6, Thomas 7|
|Jester & Lady Luck
|Game Player / Former Boss
|10th||7th<||4th||3rd||4th||1st||1st||5th||5th⊂||6th||2nd+||3rd||1st||3rd||Jester 7, Lady Luck 6|
|Kim & Brett
|11th||6th||3rd||2nd||3rd||8th||4th||2nd||3rd||1st||4th+||4th||4th||Kim 5, Brett 7|
|Jeff & Britta
|Community College Students
|9th||5th||10th||7th||7th⊂||2nd||3rd||5th||4th⊃||2nd||5th+<||5th||Jeff 5, Britta 7|
|Sandra & Tony
|12th||9th<||5th>||3rd||6th⊃||7th||7th⊃||1st6||7th||3rd||6th+<||Sandra 7, Tony 4|
|Britney & Samuel
|1st||3rd>||9th||6th||8th⊂||4th||8th⊃⊂ε5||4th||6th||7th||Britney 6, Samuel 2|
|Carrie & Saul
|Former CIA Agents
|7th||4th||6th||1st||2nd⊃||6th||2nd⊃||8th6||8th⊂||Carrie 4, Saul 4|
|Fred & Daphne
|8th||11th||8th||8th||9th||9th~||Fred 2, Daphne 3|
|Thea & Ferdie
|Classmates / Rivals
|3rd||8th>||1st>||5th||10th||Thea 2, Ferdie 2|
|Joe & Beck
|5th||10th||11th||11th||Joe 1, Beck 3|
|Eric & Pam
|6th||12thƒ||12th<||Eric 2, Pam 0|
|Jack & Chloe
|13th||Jack 0, Chloe 0|
Note 1: A number of teams were penalized in Leg 1: Carrie & Saul for improperly completing the Detour and Roadblock, Jester & Lady Luck for quitting the Roadblock and three teams (Eric & Pam, Jester & Lady Luck, Kim & Brett) for not taking a taxi to Vendors' Plaza during the Detour as instructed in the clue. In addition, Jack & Chloe had to attend to urgent work matters after arriving at Dronningens Gade and could not complete the leg. The initial placements for all teams were as follows (the four boldfaced teams were penalized):
- 1st: Britney & Samuel, 2nd: Carrie & Saul, 3rd: Claude & Hilda, 4th: Eric & Pam, 5th: Thea & Ferdie, 6th: Olcay & Thomas, 7th: Joe & Beck, 8th: Jester & Lady Luck, 9th: Fred & Daphne, 10th: Jeff & Britta, 11th: Kim & Brett, 12th: Sandra & Tony, 13th: Jack & Chloe
Note 2: Four teams (Carrie & Saul, Kim & Brett, Joe & Beck, Fred & Daphne) were penalized for quitting the Roadblock.
Note 3: Olcay & Thomas, Jeff & Britta and Joe & Beck arrived second, fifth and ninth, respectively, but they were penalized at the Pit Stop for incorrectly completing the Roadblock. As a result, they dropped to seventh, tenth and eleventh place, respectively.
Note 4: Leg 7 was turned into a non-elimination leg due to unexpected production difficulties.
Note 5: Britney & Samuel elected to use the Express Pass to bypass the Tell Detour during Leg 7 after getting U-Turned.
Note 6: Sandra & Tony and Carrie & Saul arrived first and fourth, respectively, but were penalized at the Pit Stop for incorrectly completing the Roadblock. While this did not affect Sandra & Tony's placement, Carrie & Saul dropped to last place. Due to production difficulties, however, Leg 8 was turned into a non-elimination leg.
Note 7: The Double Yield on this leg allowed an Intersected team to Yield another Intersected team jointly.
Note 8: All four teams were penalized in Leg 13: Kim & Brett for quitting the Roadblock, Claude & Hilda for improperly completing the Detour and all four teams for taking a taxi to the Pit Stop instead of taking the Star Ferry as the clue had specified. The initial placements for all teams were as follows:
- 1st: Kim & Brett, 2nd: Jester & Lady Luck, 3rd: Claude & Hilda, 4th: Olcay & Thomas
- Red means the team was eliminated.
- Blue means the team came in last at a non-elimination leg.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and all teams were ordered to continue racing. The first place team was still awarded a prize for that leg.
- Green means the team won the Fast Forward clue. A green ƒ means that the team won the Fast Forward clue, but finished last for the leg. A green leg number means no team took the Fast Forward for the leg.
- A ε means the team used their Express Pass.
- A > or > indicates that the team chose to use a Yield or one of the two Yields in a Double Yield while < or < indicates the team who received it. A <> or <> indicates an unused Yield, while a <> indicates an unused double Yield.
- A ⊃ or ⊃ indicates that the team chose to use a Blind U-Turn or one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn while ⊂ or ⊂ indicates the team who received it. A ⊂⊃ or ⊂⊃ indicates an unused U-Turn, while a ⊂⊃ indicates an unused double U-Turn.
- Matching colors of symbols indicate teams who worked together during part of the leg as a result of the Intersection.
- A ~ next to a leg number indicates that there was a Head-To-Head on that leg of the Race, while a ~ next to a placement indicates the team that lost the final Head-To-Head.
On specific legs of the race, teams could vote for a U-Turn or Yield. The team or teams with the most votes received the U-Turn (or Yield) penalty, depending on the leg.
|IANU AR 17||Yield||U-Turn|
|U-Turned / Yielded:||Jester & Lady Luck
Sandra & Tony
|Eric & Pam||Jeff & Britta
Britney & Samuel
|Claude & Hilda|
Britney & Samuel
|Claude & Hilda||Sandra & Tony||Britney & Samuel||Jeff & Britta||Britney & Samuel|
|Olcay & Thomas||Britney & Samuel||Sandra & Tony||Jeff & Britta||Carrie & Saul|
|Jester & Lady Luck||Sandra & Tony||Britney & Samuel||Jeff & Britta||Britney & Samuel|
|Kim & Brett||Sandra & Tony||Eric & Pam||Jeff & Britta||Britney & Samuel|
|Jeff & Britta||Jester & Lady Luck||Claude & Hilda||Jester & Lady Luck||Claude & Hilda|
|Sandra & Tony||Olcay & Thomas||Eric & Pam||Britney & Samuel||Claude & Hilda|
|Britney & Samuel||Jester & Lady Luck||Carrie & Saul||Claude & Hilda|
|Carrie & Saul||Britney & Samuel||Britney & Samuel||Claude & Hilda|
|Fred & Daphne||Olcay & Thomas||Sandra & Tony|
|Thea & Ferdie||Jester & Lady Luck||Eric & Pam|
|Joe & Beck||Olcay & Thomas||Jester & Lady Luck|
|Eric & Pam||Fred & Daphne|
Episode Quote Titles
Titles for legs are often taken from quotes made by the racers. The quotes are sometimes slightly changed for humorous effect. Title quote winners won an additional 5 USD at the start of each succeeding episode, except for the last three episodes before the finale, where winners won an additional 3 USD at the start of each succeeding episode.
- "It's Spelled Airlines, You Illiterate Twit" – Thea
- "Why Would I Share My Food With A Quitter?" – Kim
- "I Am A Cop...I Thought You Said You Were A Builder?" – Tony & Jester
- "You Could Try To Change Our Luck By Doing Nice Things For People" – Britta
- "I'm Never Eating Fish Ever Again. I'm Never Talking To You Ever Again." – Brett & Kim
- "It's Probably Fine. What Could A Cat Do?" – Chișinău flight co-pilot speaking about Olcay (non-racer)
- "It's On Fire??? That's What It Says!" – Hilda & Claude
- "Give Us The Luck! I Can't Even Give Myself Luck!" – Britney & Lady Luck
- "That Was Awkward, Downgrading Our Donation Like That" – Lady Luck
- "They Sell Trinkets And Baubles At The Temple?" – Jester
- "Everyone Will Be Scared Of Your Big Ears And Bald Head" – Kim
- "This Is About Your Bladder. Do You Pee A Lot?" – Face-reader to Thomas
- "I Don't Want Later! I Want My Instant Gratification!" – Hilda
- Leg 1 – The Express Pass (can be used until Leg 8)
- Leg 2 – The Salvage Pass (can be used until Leg 9)
- Leg 3 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 4 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 5 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 6 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 7 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 8 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 9 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 10 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 11 – Additional 5 USD for the next leg
- Leg 12 – Additional 5 USD for the next leg
- Leg 13 – Additional 5 USD for the next leg
- Leg 14 – $1,000,000
The first eight eliminated teams were sequestered in Zanzibar, Tanzania. Subsequent eliminated teams continued to run the race as decoys.
- After Leg 1, Jack & Chloe were the first team to arrive at the villa. The duo discussed the decision to not complete the leg over urgent work matters, then slept in for the rest of the day.
- After Leg 2, Jack & Chloe spent the day lounging by the poolside area and exploring the resort's facilities. When no one else arrived, the duo deduced it was a non-elimination leg.
- Legs 3 and 4 were shown in a two-leg episode. Only one episode of Elimination Station was posted after the episode.
- Eric & Pam were the second team to arrive at Elimination Station. When the nightclub owners arrived, Jack & Chloe informed them that they had to leave Elimination Station to complete more urgent work matters. The next day, Joe & Beck arrived and asked Eric & Pam about why Jack & Chloe left.
- After Leg 5, Thea & Ferdie arrived at Elimination Station. After being told about Jack & Chloe's departure, the classmates and rivals recounted their troubles completing the leg in Conakry.
- After Leg 6, Fred & Daphne arrived at Elimination Station. After Daphne chastised Fred again about oversleeping, the eliminated teams went out for a guided tour around Zanzibar.
- After Leg 7, the teams participated in a spa day and treated themselves to a buffet lunch. When no one arrived throughout the day, the teams figured out that it was a non-elimination leg.
- After Leg 8, the teams were informed that it was another non-elimination leg, before heading out into the Old Town of Zanzibar to shop for souvenirs and groceries. The teams then had an outdoor barbecue upon returning to the resort.
- After Leg 9, Carrie & Saul arrived at Elimination Station and told the teams about how Olcay & Thomas and Jeff & Britta used the Double U-Turn on them and Jester & Lady Luck. The teams then had dinner in the city.
- After Leg 10, the teams went to the beach for some fun in the sun. When they returned to the resort, they were greeted by Britney & Samuel who told everyone about their struggles with driving through Cyprus.
- After Leg 11, Sandra & Tony arrived at Elimination Station and told the teams about Sandra's struggles at the Roadblock, the Yield being used on them and Jeff & Britta while being Intersected and the close race at Marina Beach.
- After Leg 12, Jeff & Britta called the teams at Elimination Station and informed them about the close footrace in Cebu City. The teams at Elimination Station worked together to improve the duo's mood before ending the call. The teams then lounged by the poolside.
- After Leg 13, the teams at Elimination Station packed their belongings and prepared to leave the resort. Upon arrival at the Final Destination City, they met with Jeff & Britta and Kim & Brett, who informed the teams of their troubles in Hong Kong.
- After Leg 14, the eliminated teams met up at the Finish Line with the Final Three, where all the teams shared their joys, disappointments and opinions on the race as a whole.
Before the official start of the Race, Season 17 ran a "pre-leg" as an opener.
|Air travel Water travel|
Pre-Leg (South Carolina, United States Of America)
Air Date: September 19, 2020
- Charleston, South Carolina , United States Of America (South Carolina Aquarium)
- Charleston (Market Hall And Sheds)
- Charleston (Pink House)
- Charleston (Rainbow Row)
- Charleston (White Point Garden)
At the Market Hall And Sheds, teams found a Detour: Dine In or Cash Out. In Dine In, teams had to head to the sheds and find a marked stall selling gumbo. Once there, teams had to sample a gumbo pot and then find the bowl containing the same gumbo among 100 similar bowls. Once teams identified the correct bowl, they received their next clue. In Cash Out, teams had to head inside Market Hall and choose a marked busking area. Once there, teams had to earn tips from passing customers by playing local jazz classics. Once teams earned 20 USD, they received their next clue.
For this leg’s Roadblock, one team member had to grab a photo inside the Pink House and walk to the nearby Rainbow Row. Once there, they had to identify the five differences between the photo and the segment of the houses pictured in their photo. Once all five differences were successfully identified, they received their next clue.
- After the Detour, teams were told that their next clue "awaits at the oldest stone building in Charleston". Teams had to figure out that the clue pointed them to the Pink House.
|Air travel Bus travel Water travel|
Leg 1 (United States Of America → United States Virgin Islands)
Air Date: September 26, 2020
- Charleston, South Carolina , United States Of America (White Point Garden) (Starting Line)
- North Charleston (Charleston International Airport) to Charlotte Amalie, United States Virgin Islands (Cyril E. King Airport)
- Charlotte Amalie (Dronningens Gade)
- Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas Synagogue)
- Charlotte Amalie (Vendors' Plaza or Bluebeards Castle)
- Charlotte Amalie (Emancipation Garden - Conch Blower Statue)
- Charlotte Amalie (Fort Christian)
To claim this leg’s Fast Forward, teams had to head to the Charlotte Amalie Harbor Seaplane Base, board a seaplane and skydive to the sandbar below. Once both team members had jumped out of the seaplane, the Fast Forward would be awarded.
For the first Detour of the Race, teams had the choice between Bottle and Bowl. In Bottle, teams had to take a taxi to Vendors' Plaza and grab a crate with 20 bottles of locally made rum. Partaking in the popular rum trade in the Virgin Islands, teams had to sell all 20 bottles of rum to receive their next clue. In Bowl, teams had to take a taxi bus to Bluebeards Castle and serve bowls of callaloo, a popular vegetable dish in the Caribbean. Once all patrons were served the correct orders, teams received their next clue.
For the first Roadblock of the Race, one team member had to rehearse a traditional soca dance number, and then perform in front of a soca expert who gave them their next clue if their performance was deemed technically correct.
- At Dronningens Gade, teams had to search for one of four departure times the next morning.
Leg 2 (United States Virgin Islands → Cuba)
Air Date: September 27, 2020
- Charlotte Amalie (Cyril E. King Airport) to Havana, Cuba (José Martí International Airport)
- Havana (Iglesia De Nuestra Señora De Regla)
- Havana (Plaza De La Revolución)
- Havana (Fábrica De Arte Cubano)
- Havana (Casa De La Música De Centro or Casa De La Música De Miramar)
- Havana (Castillo De Los Tres Reyes Magos Del Morro)
To claim this leg’s Fast Forward, teams had to drive themselves to the Hotel Nacional De Cuba and prepare three identified Historical Rooms for occupation by new hotel guests, to the satisfaction of the concierge.
For this Roadblock one team member had to enter the church, don traditional attire and receive a Santería blessing from a traditional priest or priestess before receiving their next clue.
In this Detour, teams had to grab either a series of photographs or a pitcher of daiquiris. Teams who picked up the series of photographs had to drive to the Casa De La Música De Centro and complete the Good Eyesight Detour, where teams had to spot the pair of dancers shown in one of the photographs they brought and exchange the photo for their next clue. If teams identified an incorrect pair of dancers, they took the photo and teams had to start again. Teams who picked up the pitcher of daiquiris had to drive to the Casa De La Música De Miramar and complete the Good Balance Detour, where teams had to pour the pitcher of daiquiris on a tray of empty cocktail glasses and deliver the tray of daiquiris on one hand to five tables within the club. If all daiquiris were delivered without a single broken glass, teams received next clue. If teams broke at least one glass, they had to start again.
- At the start of the leg, teams voted for who they want to Yield.
Leg 3 (Cuba → Colombia)
Air Date: October 3, 2020
- Havana (Almacenes San José Artisans' Market)
- Havana (José Martí International Airport) to Bogotá, Colombia (El Dorado International Airport)
- Tunja (Cojines Del Zaque)
- Sesquilé (Lake Guatavita)
- Bogotá (Club De Tejo La 76 or La Puerta Falsa)
- Bogotá (Museo Botero)
To claim this leg’s Fast Forward, teams had to head to the National Library Of Colombia and search its extensive collection, which was acknowledged when Bogotá was declared the 2007 UNESCO World Book Capital, for the Fast Forward award.
In this Roadblock, one team member had to partake in the myth of El Dorado. First, they had to gold-leaf a scale model of a traditional Muisca raft. After completely gold-leafing the mini-raft, they had to take their raft and their partner and direct their van to Lake Guatavita. After setting the gold-leafed raft adrift on the shores of the lake, they received their next clue. To complete their Hazard, Eric & Pam had to gold-leaf and sail a second raft.
After completing the Roadblock, teams faced a Detour of Hit The Spot or Hits The Spot. In Hit The Spot, teams had to direct their van to Club De Tejo La 76. Once there, teams had to play a game of tejo and score at least 20 points before receiving their next clue. In Hits The Spot, teams had to direct their van to La Puerta Falsa. Once there, teams had to order and consume two bowls of ajiaco before receiving their next clue.
- At the Almacenes San José Artisans' Market, teams voted for who they want to Yield. Teams also received a pair of figurines of the Muisca sun god Sué and moon goddess Chía, which they had to take to the Cojines Del Zaque in Tunja.
Leg 4 (Colombia)
Air Date: October 3, 2020
- Bogotá (Museo Botero) to Villa Rica (Casa De Adoración Norte Del Cauca)
- Cali (Secretaría Del Deporte Y La Recreación)
- Cali (Estadio Pascual Guerrero, Hotel La Luna and Parque del Ingenio)
- Cali (Zaperoco Bar)
- Cali (Estatua Sebastián De Belalcázar or El Gato Del Río)
- Cali (Torre De Cali)
During the Pit Stop, all teams boarded a bus and traveled from Museo Botero to an unknown destination, revealed to be the Casa De Adoración Norte Del Cauca in Villa Rica.
To win the Fast Forward, teams had to run to the Unidad Deportiva Panamericana Jaime Aparicio and play three of the available sports in the facility's grounds.
In this Roadblock, one team member had to join the CicloVida De Cali, which happens every Sunday, and pick up race flags at three stops on the bike route. Once all three flags were picked up, they had to return to the Secretaría Del Deporte Y La Recreación and exchange the flags for their next clue.
For this Detour, teams had a choice between Human and Animal. In Human, teams had to make their way to the Estatua Sebastián De Belalcázar and create a graffiti-style image of Sebastián De Belalcázar on a blank canvas. Once the image was completed, they received their next clue. In Animal, teams had to make their way to the El Gato Del Río. Once there, teams had to count the number of marked cat sculptures placed in the park vicinity. Once they produced the correct number (15), they received their next clue.
- At the Casa De Adoración Norte Del Cauca, teams had to engrave the Baháʼí Ringstone Symbol on a golden ring before receiving their next clue. Teams then had to choose one of the marked taxis waiting at the entrance and head to the office of the Secretaría Del Deporte Y La Recreación in Cali.
Leg 5 (Colombia → Guinea)
Air Date: October 4, 2020
- Cali (Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport) to Conakry, Guinea (Conakry International Airport)
- Conakry (Centre D'Art Acrobatique Keita Fodeba)
- Conakry (Stade Du 28 Septembre)
- Conakry (Hôpital Ignace Deen)
- Conakry (Sandervalia National Museum)
- Conakry (Conakry Grand Mosque)
To claim the Fast Forward, teams had to head to the Conakry Ferry Terminal. Once there, teams had to charter a boat and sail to the Île Tamara Lighthouse to claim the Fast Forward award.
For this Detour, teams had to run to the nearby Stade Du 28 Septembre and choose between On The Field or On The Stage. In On The Field, teams had to head to the field and perform three football drills: an obstacle course, a passing drill and a penalty kick block. Once all three drills were performed successfully, they received their next clue. In On The Stage, teams had to head to the bleachers and listen to a Mandé song. Using only their sense of hearing, teams had to pick up the three instruments used in the song (ngoni, balafon and kora) and hand it to the troupe of djelis on the other side of the stadium. If all three instruments were correct, they received their next clue.
In this Roadblock, one team member had to assemble a medical kit to aid medical missions restocking in Conakry and getting ready to branch out to the rural areas of the country. Once the medical kit was fully assembled, they received their next clue.
- At the start of the leg, teams voted for who they want to U-Turn.
- At the Centre D'Art Acrobatique Keita Fodeba, teams had to watch an acrobatic performance in the morning before getting their next clue.
- After the Roadblock, teams had to walk to the Sandervalia National Museum. There, teams had to search for five items (a masonry box by Aimé Olivier de Sanderval, a piece of embossed Tuareg leather, a statue of Governor Noël Ballay, a French colonial helmet and a Guinean mask). Once teams spotted all five items, they received their next clue.
Leg 6 (Guinea → Côte D'Ivoire)
Air Date: October 10, 2020
- Conakry (Gare Routière De Madina) to Kossou, Côte D'Ivoire (Kossou Dam)
- Kossou (Lake Kossou)
- Yamoussoukro (Presidential Palace)
- Yamoussoukro (Basilica Of Our Lady Of Peace)
- Yamoussoukro (Chez Mô N'da or Marché Mo-Faitai)
- Yamoussoukro (Stade De Yamoussoukro)
To win the Fast Forward, teams had to head to the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Foundation For Peace Research. Once there, teams had to arrange ten portraits in chronological order based on the year they won the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Peace Prize.
For the Roadblock, one team member had to row out to the middle of Lake Kossou and catch 50 fish using traditional Ivorian fishing implements. After catching 50 fish, teams could exchange the fish for their next clue.
In the Head-To-Head, teams had to participate in the ritual feeding of the sacred crocodiles that reside near the Presidential Palace. Two at a time, teams had to place their piece of meat on an identified feeding spot and race to have the crocodiles eat their piece of meat first.
For this Detour, teams had a choice between Attiéké or Akuaba. In Attiéké, teams had to head to the Chez Mô N'da and sell 50 plates of attiéké to waiting dinner patrons. Once 50 plates were sold, they received their next clue. In Akuaba, teams had to head to the Marché Mo-Faitai and grab a marked akuaba. Afterwards, teams had to search the market stalls for an akuaba that matched the one in their hand. After finding the matching akuaba, teams had to exchange the two fertility dolls for their next clue.
- At the start of the leg, teams were told that "the president with crocodiles awaits" and that their next clue "awaits at their largest lake". Teams had to figure out that the clue was directing them to Lake Kossou in Côte D'Ivoire.
- After the Roadblock, teams were told that "the president still awaits". Teams had to figure out that their next clue was located at the Presidential Palace in Yamoussoukro.
- After completing the Head-To-Head, teams received a figurine of the Basilica Of Our Lady Of Peace. Teams had to figure out that the figurine pointed them to the location of their next clue.
- At the Stade De Yamoussoukro, teams had to grab an Akan mask from one of many football players playing a game on the field and take it to the Pit Stop.
Leg 7 (Côte D'Ivoire → Moldova)
Air Date: October 11, 2020
- Abidjan (Félix-Houphouët-Boigny International Airport) to Chișinău, Moldova (Chișinău International Airport)
- Chișinău (Triumphal Arch)
- Chișinău (Cathedral Of Christ's Nativity) (or Cathedral Park)
- Mileștii Mici (Mileștii Mici Winery)
- Chișinău (Ștefan Cel Mare Central Park)
To claim the unused Fast Forward for this leg, teams had to make their way to the Mihai Eminescu National Drama Theater and perform a Moldovan Eurovision entry on stage.
In this leg’s Detour, teams had the choice to either Tell or Battle. In Tell, teams had to run inside the cathedral and perform a dramatization of Mioriţa, a Moldovan folk ballad. After teams completed the dramatization, they received their next clue. In Battle, teams must run to Cathedral Park and don traditional wrestling outfits. Teams must then win two out of three rounds of trîntă against an amateur wrestler to receive their next clue.
In this Roadblock, one team member had to head to the wine cellars and start sampling a few of Moldova’s locally-produced wines. After a wine-sampling session, team members had to successfully identify ten local wines before receiving their next clue.
- Teams had to drive themselves from the Stade De Yamoussoukro to the Félix-Houphouët-Boigny International Airport. There, teams voted for who they want to U-Turn.
- From the Triumphal Arch, teams had to walk to the Cathedral Of Christ's Nativity for their next clue.
- After the U-Turn, teams were directed to the world’s largest wine cellars to find their next clue. Teams were left to figure out that their next clue was at the Mileștii Mici Winery.
Leg 8 (Moldova → Russia)
Air Date: October 18, 2020
- Chișinău (Chișinău International Airport) to Magnitogorsk, Russia (Magnitogorsk International Airport)
- Bredinsky District (Arkaim)
- Magnitogorsk (Magnitogorsk State Technical University) and Chelyabinsk (Chelyabinsk State Agroengineering Academy) or Chelyabinsk (Chelyabinsk Regional Museum)
- Chelyabinsk (Glinka State Academic Opera And Ballet Theatre)
- Chelyabinsk (Leningradskiy Bridge)
The Fast Forward for the leg was hidden somewhere in the grounds of the Arkaim complex.
For the Roadblock, one team member had to partake in a series of shamanistic rituals commonly performed in the heart of Siberia. After dressing up like a shaman, teams had to properly complete three of five basic rituals (listening to a séance by a fire, reciting a chant, building an ovoo, performing a shamanic song, dressing up another shaman) to receive their next clue.
After completing the Roadblock, teams encountered a Detour which gave them the choice of either Sample Now or Sample Later. In Sample Now, teams had to make their way to the Magnitogorsk State Technical University and collect ten air samples, five with a low concentration of pollutants and five with a high concentration of pollutants. Afterwards, teams had to take them to the Chelyabinsk State Agroengineering Academy to receive their next clue. In Sample Later, teams had to drive to the Chelyabinsk Regional Museum. After taking a tour of the exhibit showcasing a sample from the Chelyabinsk Meteor, teams had to answer eight questions on the Chelyabinsk Meteor correctly to get their next clue.
- Upon arrival at Magnitogorsk International Airport, teams had to drive themselves to Arkaim, where their next clue was located.
- At the Glinka State Academic Opera And Ballet Theatre, teams had to find thirteen marked placards. Teams then had to use these placards, each containing a Cyrillic letter, to decipher the name of their next Pit Stop, the Leningradskiy Bridge (Ленинград Мост).
Leg 9 (Russia → Cyprus)
Air Date: October 24, 2020
- Chelyabinsk (Chelyabinsk Airport) to Paphos, Cyprus (Paphos International Airport)
- Kouklia (Sanctuary Of Aphrodite Paphia)
- Kouklia (Petra Tou Romiou)
- Geroskipou (Paphos Aphrodite Waterpark), Paphos (Tombs Of The Kings) and Chloraka (Shipwreck Of M/V Demetrios II) or Geroskipou (Aphrodite Delights)
- Paphos (Paphos Archaeological Park - House Of Theseus)
- Paphos (Paphos Castle)
To claim the Fast Forward for this leg, teams had to tour the Sanctuary Of Aphrodite Paphia and sketch a complete map of the complex.
For this Detour, teams had to choose between Sightseeing and Taste Test. In Sightseeing, teams had to follow a trail of photos directing them to local landmarks (the Paphos Aphrodite Waterpark, the Tombs Of The Kings and the shipwreck of the M/V Demetrios II) to get their next clue. In Taste Test, teams had to head to Aphrodite Delights in Geroskipou and choose a plate of loukoumi. Using only their palates, teams had to find the one loukoumi flavored with rosewater to receive their next clue.
For this Roadblock, teams had to complete a mosaic of a minotaur using only a completed sample as reference. Once all mosaic tiles were properly placed, they received their next cue.
- At the Sanctuary Of Aphrodite Paphia, teams had to get an Aphrodite painting and drive themselves to the Petra Tou Romiou to exchange the painting for their next clue.
- After the Roadblock, teams had to walk to the Pit Stop at Paphos Castle.
Leg 10 (Cyprus)
Air Date: October 31, 2020
- Troodos (Mount Olympus)
- Troodos (Jubilee Hotel)
- Nicosia (Venetian Walls - Famagusta Gate)
- Nicosia (Venetian Walls - Constanza Bastion)
- Nicosia (Mezostrati Tavern and Eleftheria Square or Faneromeni Square)
- Nicosia (St. Paul's Anglican Cathedral)
- Nicosia (Venetian Walls - Paphos Gate)
To claim the Fast Forward for this leg, teams had to drive to the Troodos National Forest Park Visitor Centre. Once there, teams had to explore the exhibits and map out the endemic plant species in the area by correctly placing five markers on a blank scale model of the Troodos Mountains.
In this Roadblock, one team member had to run to the nearby Constanza Bastion and learn the tsifteteli. After learning the basic steps (while being distracted with random facts about the Venetian Walls), team members had to return to the Famagusta Gate and successfully perform the dance to receive their next clue.
In this Detour, teams had to choose between Cheese or Chattista. In Cheese, teams had to drive to the Mezostrati Tavern and grab a basket of halloumi. Teams then had to head to the Eleftheria Square and attempt to sell all 100 pieces of halloumi in their basket. After a 30-minute selling period, teams had to eat any remaining pieces of halloumi in their basket before receiving their next clue. In Chattista, teams had to drive to Faneromeni Square and recite three sets of chattistas in front of a local audience, one after the other. Teams had to get approval from the audience for one set of chattistas before proceeding to the next set. Once all three sets were approved by the audience, they received their next clue.
- At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to "drive to the highest point in Cyprus". Once teams made their way to Mount Olympus, teams had to sign up for one of three departure times from the nearby Jubilee Hotel the following morning.
- After the Detour, teams had to walk to the St. Paul's Anglican Cathedral. There, teams were instructed to donate an amount of euros equivalent to the number of bastions of the Venetian Walls (11), plus the number of bastions located in the Cypriot-controlled southern half of the city (5). If teams donated a different amount of money, they were turned back at the Pit Stop.
- After donating the required 16 euros, teams were hinted to walk to the Pit Stop, which was "the gate of their last Pit Stop". Teams were then left to figure out that the Pit Stop was located at the Paphos Gate.
Leg 11 (Cyprus → India)
Air Date: November 7, 2020
- Nicosia (Cyprus Museum)
- Larnaca (Larnaca International Airport) to Chennai, India (Chennai International Airport)
- Chennai (Parthasarathy Temple)
- Chennai (Valluvar Kottam)
- Chennai (Chennai Snake Park or Ashok Leyland Corporate Building)
- Chennai (Chennai Marina Lighthouse)
- Chennai (Marina Beach)
- Chennai (Fort St. George)
For this Roadblock, one team member had to take the figurine they found at the Cyprus Museum and take it to a vaghanam prepared for an utsavam depicted in the figurine. Once a team member took their figurine to the correct vaghanam, the utsavam begun and a sadhu handed them their next clue. This clue informed teams that they now faced an Intersection, where they had to join with one other team to complete tasks and make decisions together until further notice.
To claim the unused Fast Forward for this leg, the newly-Intersected teams had to make their way to the Broken Bridge. Once there, they had to participate in a video shoot for a Tamil film. After successfully completing a run of dialogue and an action scene, the newly-Intersected teams received the Fast Forward award.
For this Detour, Intersected teams had the choice of completing it On Legs or On Wheels. In On Legs, Intersected teams had to make their way to the Chennai Snake Park, pick up ten species of Indian snakes from an open-air enclosure and transfer them to a glass enclosure. Once all ten snakes were at the glass enclosure, they received their next clue. In On Wheels, Intersected teams had to make their way to the Ashok Leyland Corporate Building and test-drive an Ashok Leyland 12M bus around the nearby roads. Once the test-drive was completed, they received their next clue. After the Detour, teams were no longer Intersected.
- At the Cyprus Museum, teams were instructed to grab a figurine with their next clue printed underneath.
- After the Detour, the newly-separated teams were instructed to take an auto-rickshaw to the Chennai Marina Lighthouse. Once there, teams were instructed to search Marina Beach for a figurine with a yellow-and-red flag attached to it. Using only the figurine as a clue, teams had to figure out that they had to make their way to the Pit Stop at Fort St. George.
Leg 12 (India → Philippines)
Air Date: November 14, 2020
- Chennai (Chennai International Airport) to Lapu-Lapu, Philippines (Mactan–Cebu International Airport)
- Cebu City (Magellan's Cross)
- Cebu City (Fo Guang Shan Chu Un Temple)
- Cebu City (SM Seaside City or Pamilihang Carbon)
- Cebu City (Dalan Colon - Colon Obelisk)
- Cebu City (Fort San Pedro)
To claim the last Fast Forward of the Race, teams had to search Cebu City for the “well of good fortune and happiness”. Teams were left to figure out that the well was located on the grounds of Museo Sugbo.
For the Detour, teams were given the choice of Foot Traffic or Cargo Traffic. In Foot Traffic, teams had to head to SM Seaside City and count the number of mall arrivals in a 10-minute period through a marked gate using only a manual counter. Once teams gave the same number as a digital counter, they received their next clue. In Cargo Traffic, teams had to head to the Pamilihang Carbon and deliver one hundred crates of freshly-harvested local produce to three marked stalls. Once all hundred crates were delivered, they received their next clue.
For the Roadblock, one team member had to run to the nearby transport terminal, take on the role of a jeepney barker and properly guide five commuting locals to the correct jeepney. Once all five commuting locals boarded the correct jeepney, teams received their next clue.
- After the Detour, teams were given a clue written in Filipino. Teams had to figure out that this directed them to Dalan Colon, the oldest national road in the Philippines.
Leg 13 (Philippines → Hong Kong)
Air Date: November 22, 2020
- Cebu City (Cebu Taoist Temple)
- Lapu-Lapu (Mactan–Cebu International Airport) to Hong Kong , China (Hong Kong International Airport)
- Hong Kong (Wong Tai Sin Temple)
- Hong Kong (Wong Tai Sin Post Office or Temple Mall)
- Hong Kong (Temple Street Night Market)
- Hong Kong (Star Ferry Pier, Tsim Sha Tsui to Star Ferry Pier, Central)
- Hong Kong (Central Ferry Piers)
For the Detour, teams had to choose between Mailman or Musician. In Mailman, teams had to walk to the Wong Tai Sin Post Office and work as a mail sorter. After deciphering the Hong Kong address system, teams had the opportunity to earn wages by sorting incoming mail by their destination district. After determining that they earned enough money to race for the rest of the leg, they could request for their next clue. In Musician, teams had to walk to Temple Mall and find a marked busking station. Once there, teams had the opportunity to earn tips by performing a Cantopop song on a p'i-p'a and yang ch'in. After determining that they earned enough money to race for the rest of the leg, they could request for their next clue.
For the Roadblock, one team member had to set up a market stall and prepare five traditional Chinese buns and pastries: barbecued pork bun (叉燒包), egg tart (蛋撻), mantou (饅頭), pineapple bun (菠蘿包) and sweetheart cake (老婆餅). After learning the steps in making the five dishes, teams had to prepare an order of each dish and give it to a waiting customer. Once five orders were completed, teams received their next clue.
- At the Cebu Taoist Temple, teams had to light an incense stick to receive their next clue.
- At the Wong Tai Sin Temple complex, teams had to get their fortunes read through one of four fortune-telling methods (face reading, kau cim, numerology, palmistry). Teams then had to pay for the session with all of the money in their possession before receiving their next clue.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams had to head to the Tsim Sha Tsui Ferry Pier and take the Star Ferry across the Victoria Harbour to the Pit Stop at the pier at Central District.
Leg 14 (Hong Kong → United States Of America)
Air Date: December 5, 2020
- Hong Kong (Victoria Peak)
- Hong Kong (Hong Kong International Airport) to Chicago, Illinois , United States Of America (O'Hare International Airport)
- Chicago (The Second City)
- Chicago (Adler Planetarium)
- Chicago (Soldier Field or McCormick Place)
- Chicago (Cloud Gate)
- Chicago (The Palmer House)
- Chicago (Fourth Presbyterian Church Of Chicago)
- Chicago (Lincoln Park Lily Pool) (Finish Line)
For the final Roadblock of the Race, one team member was given a prop that was encountered at some point in the Race. Team members then had to make an improv comedy sketch based on the prop and present the sketch to a group of judges. Once a team member earned a score of 10 out of 15 or higher, they received their next clue.
For the final Detour of the Race, teams had the choice of Serve The Crowds or Explore The Crowds. In Serve The Crowds, teams had to make their way on foot to Soldier Field and prepare 20 Chicago-style hot dogs. After serving these 20 hot dogs to a group of waiting sports fans, teams received their next clue. In Explore The Crowds, teams had to make their way on foot to McCormick Place and sample a slice of a Chicago-style deep dish pizza. Teams had to then scour the conference hall for a pizza stall using the same deep-dish pizza recipe to receive their next clue.
- At Victoria Peak, teams had to get their photo taken. At the back of their photo was a logo of The Second City in Chicago, which teams had to figure out was their next destination.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams were instructed to find their next clue at the United States’ oldest planetarium. Teams had to figure out that the clue was directing them to the Adler Planetarium.
- At Cloud Gate, teams were instructed to "walk to the place where the brownie was invented". Teams had to figure out that the clue was directing them to the Palmer House.
- At the Palmer House, teams were instructed to arrange 14 images of religious art, sites, people or icons without any further details. Teams had to figure out that each image corresponded to a religious site visited on the Race (see below). After teams correctly arranged the 14 images, teams had to figure out that their next clue was waiting at the Fourth Presbyterian Church Of Chicago.
- At the Fourth Presbyterian Church Of Chicago, teams were presented a 5 USD bill with lilies on its four corners. Teams had to figure out that this pointed them to the Finish Line at the Lincoln Park Lily Pool.
|ImANewUser Amazing Race|
|Seasons||1: Female Teams 1 • 2 • 3: Female Teams 2 • 4 • 5: Fanfic Teams • 6 • 7: All-Stars 1 • 8: Male Teams 1 • 9: Mixed-Gender Teams 1 • 10: Male Teams 2 • 11: Mixed-Gender Teams 2 • 12 • 13 • 14: All-Stars 2 (Unfinished Business) • 15: Female Teams 3 • 16: Male Teams 3 • 17: Mixed-Gender Teams 3 • 18: Scripted TV|
|Leg Summaries||2 • 13|
|Statistics & Trivia||Finalists • Player Profiles • Race Routes • Route Markers|
|Other Fantasy Amazing Races|