ImANewUser Amazing Race 16 (also known as TAR Male Teams 3) is the 16th installment of the fictional series, ImANewUser Amazing Race. Similar to Season 14 and Season 15, this season is hosted on CTS (Clubs That Suck) and conducted on Discord.
- 1 Production
- 2 Leaderboard
- 3 Episode Quote Titles
- 4 Prizes
- 5 Elimination Station
- 6 Pre-Legs
- 7 Race Locations
- 7.1 Leg 1 (United States Of America → Bahamas)
- 7.2 Leg 2 (Bahamas → South Korea)
- 7.3 Leg 3 (South Korea → Australia)
- 7.4 Leg 4 (Australia → Brunei)
- 7.5 Leg 5 (Brunei → Thailand)
- 7.6 Leg 6 (Thailand → Bangladesh)
- 7.7 Leg 7 (Bangladesh → Russia)
- 7.8 Leg 8 (Russia → Bulgaria)
- 7.9 Leg 9 (Bulgaria → Serbia)
- 7.10 Leg 10 (Serbia → Benin)
- 7.11 Leg 11 (Benin)
- 7.12 Leg 12 (Benin → Brazil)
- 7.13 Leg 13 (Brazil → United States Of America)
- 8 External Links
Development and Filming
During the season preview, it was revealed that the race will visit the countries of Bangladesh, Bulgaria and the Bahamas for the first time. Other previously unvisited countries include Brunei, and Benin was revealed as a destination in the mid-season preview.
Russia will again be visited, similar to the previous seasons. The mid-season preview also revealed a visit to Brazil. The season also made visits to South Korea, Australia, Thailand and Serbia.
|Position (by leg)||Roadblock Tally|
|Michael & Juan
|6th||5th||4th||8th⊃||6th||4th>||6th||1st||2nd+||2nd||4th||2nd||1st||Michael 6, Juan 6|
|William & Deban
|5th||8th||1st||3rd⊃||4th||5th>||1st||5th||1st+||3rd>12||1st||1st||2nd14||William 6, Deban 6|
|Jake & Holt
|7th||1st||7th||7th||7th~||2nd||5th||4th||6th+11||5th<||3rd||3rd||3rd15||Jake 7, Holt 6|
|Aras & Vytas
|9th||9th||6th||4th||2nd||6th||4th||3rd⊃||3rd+||1st||2nd||4th||Aras 6, Vytas 5|
|Leo & Pablo
mfan / Valesti
|Owner & Pet
|4th||4th||3rd||1st⊃||3rd||1st>||2nd||6th⊂⊃||5th+||4th>||5th||Leo 7, Pablo 3|
|Sam & Bucky
|Friends / Superheroes
|1st||2nd||2nd||2nd⊃||1st||3rd>8||3rdε9||2nd||4th+||6th13||Sam 5, Bucky 4|
|Brent & Leroy
|11th||6th||8th||6th⊃||5th6||7th||7thƒ||7th⊂10||Brent 2, Leroy 5|
|Tommy & Rudy
|2nd||10th||5th||5th||8th||8th<||Tommy 1, Rudy 5|
|Igor & Grichka
|3rd||7th||9th||9th⊂||9th7||Igor 4, Grichka 0|
|Itchy & Scratchy
|8th||3rd||10th4||Itchy 0, Scratchy 2|
|Sherlock & Mycroft
|10th||11th3||Sherlock 1, Mycroft 0|
|R2D2 & C3PO
|12th2||R2D2 0, C3PO 0|
Note 1: Igor & Grichka forgot to bring their straw basket to the Straw Market and as such, they were penalized at the Pit Stop. In addition, three teams (William & Deban, Jake & Holt, Aras & Vytas) were also penalized for not taking a taxi to the Straw Market, as the clue had specified. William & Deban moved down from 4th to 5th; the other teams retained their initial placements.
Note 2: Upon arrival in Nassau, R2D2 & C3P0 lost all of their money and could not pay for their transportation in Nassau. Hours after all the other teams checked in, they were taken directly to the Pit Stop for elimination.
Note 3: Upon arrival in Busan, Sherlock & Mycroft got extremely lost. Hours after all the other teams checked in, they were instructed to go directly to the Pit Stop for elimination.
Note 4: Itchy & Scratchy became sick en route to Brisbane, and had to go see a doctor immediately upon arrival at the airport. After the check-up, they were instructed to go directly to the Pit Stop for elimination.
Note 5: Vytas, Leroy, Jake, Michael and Igor decided to forfeit the Roadblock and were issued a penalty on the spot.
Note 6: Leroy decided to forfeit the Roadblock and was issued a penalty on the spot.
Note 7: Igor & Grichka experienced customs issues and were only able to board a flight to Bangkok the next day. Once they arrived at the airport, they were informed that they had been eliminated.
Note 8: Sam & Bucky initially arrived second, but were penalized after Bucky incorrectly completed the Roadblock. Jake & Holt checked-in during their penalty time, dropping them to 3rd.
Note 9: Sam & Bucky elected to use the Express Pass to bypass the Route Info task at Demidov Square during Leg 7.
Note 10: Brent & Leroy decided to forfeit the Hazard and Roadblock, respectively, and were issued a penalty on the spot.
Note 11: Jake & Holt elected to use their Salvage Pass to save themselves from elimination.
Note 12: William & Deban Yielded Sam & Bucky, who had already passed the Yield and were therefore unaffected by it.
Note 13: Sam decided to forfeit the Roadblock and was issued a penalty on the spot. After receiving their next clue, they were instructed to go directly to the Pit Stop for elimination.
Note 14: William & Deban decided to forfeit the Route Info task after the Roadblock and were issued a penalty on the spot.
Note 15: Jake & Holt decided to forfeit the Route Info task at the National Aquarium and were issued a penalty on the spot.
- Red means the team was eliminated.
- Blue means the team came in last at a non-elimination leg.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and all teams were ordered to continue racing. The first place team was still awarded a prize for that leg.
- Green means the team won the Fast Forward clue. A green ƒ means that the team won the Fast Forward clue, but finished last for the leg. A green leg number means no team took the Fast Forward for the leg.
- A ε means the team used their Express Pass.
- A > or > indicates that the team chose to use a Yield or one of the two Yields in a Double Yield while < or < indicates the team who received it. A <> or <> indicates an unused Yield, while a <> indicates an unused double Yield.
- A ⊃ or ⊃ indicates that the team chose to use a Blind U-Turn or one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn while ⊂ or ⊂ indicates the team who received it. A ⊂⊃ or ⊂⊃ indicates an unused U-Turn, while a ⊂⊃ indicates an unused double U-Turn.
- Matching colors of symbols indicate teams who worked together during part of the leg as a result of the Intersection.
- A ~ next to a leg number indicates that there was a Head-To-Head on that leg of the Race, while a ~ next to a placement indicates the team that lost the final Head-To-Head.
On specific legs of the race, teams could vote for a U-Turn or Yield. The team or teams with the most votes received the U-Turn (or Yield) penalty, depending on the leg.
|IANU AR 16||U-Turn||Yield|
|U-Turned / Yielded:||Igor & Grichka||Tommy & Rudy|
|Michael & Juan||Igor & Grichka||Tommy & Rudy|
|William & Deban||Igor & Grichka||Tommy & Rudy|
|Jake & Holt||Michael & Juan||Leo & Pablo|
|Aras & Vytas||Leo & Pablo||Leo & Pablo|
|Leo & Pablo||Igor & Grichka||Tommy & Rudy|
|Sam & Bucky||Igor & Grichka||Tommy & Rudy|
|Brent & Leroy||Igor & Grichka||William & Deban|
|Tommy & Rudy||Brent & Leroy||Brent & Leroy|
|Igor & Grichka||William & Deban|
Episode Quote Titles
Titles for legs are often taken from quotes made by the racers. The quotes are sometimes slightly changed for humorous effect. Title quote winners won an additional 5 USD at the start of each succeeding episode, except for the last three episodes before the finale, where winners won an additional 3 USD at the start of each succeeding episode.
- "Isn't It A Problem To Take A Cat On A Flight?" – Leo
- "I Was Trying This Vegan Thing But I Guess I Have No Choice!" – Rudy
- "This Competition Reeks Of Cultural Appropriation" – Holt
- "Let's Sell Alcohol! Let's Sell Children! Let's Sell Puppies!" – Brent
- "I'm A Capitalist To The Bone, What Else Can I Say?" – Sam
- "Just Try Not To Run Anyone Over This Time" – Aras
- "So Uh, You Guys Gonna Do That Calculator Thing Again?" – Vytas
- "Head Nod Means No. Head Shake Means Yes." – Sofia local speaking to Michael & Juan (non-racer)
- "I’m Already Racing With My Match, But Sure I’ll Play Along" – Michael
- "You Don't Deserve The Diploma, I Have To Keep It Real" – Deban
- "You Won't Be Able To Buy Your Balenciaga Purse If We Don't Make It Through!" – William
- "We Are Still The Richest. But We're Poor!" – Holt & Jake
- Leg 1 – The Express Pass (can be used until Leg 8)
- Leg 2 – The Salvage Pass (can be used until Leg 9)
- Leg 3 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 4 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 5 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 6 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 7 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 8 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 9 – A three-minute credit
- Leg 10 – Additional 5 USD for the next leg
- Leg 11 – Additional 5 USD for the next leg
- Leg 12 – Additional 5 USD for the next leg
- Leg 13 – $1,000,000
The first six eliminated teams were sequestered in Moscow, Russia. Subsequent eliminated teams continued to run the race as decoys.
- After Leg 1, R2D2 & C3P0 were the first team to arrive at the villa. They pondered over their short run and discussed their monetary issues in Nassau.
- After Leg 2, Sherlock & Mycroft joined R2D2 & C3P0 at the villa. They discussed their navigational woes in Busan with R2D2 & C3P0, then went to their rooms to rest.
- After Leg 3, Itchy & Scratchy arrived at the villa, where they chatted with R2D2 & C3PO and Sherlock & Mycroft about how they fell sick and had to see a doctor at the airport.
- After Leg 4, the teams went on a tour of the city. After returning to their hotel, and seeing that no one else has arrived, they deduced that it was a non-elimination leg.
- After Leg 5, the three eliminated teams waited for another team but no one arrived until the next day, when Igor & Grichka arrived and told them about their customs issues in Brunei.
- After Leg 6, Tommy & Rudy arrived at the villa, where they told the other teams about the Voting Yield and their mishap at the Roadblock. They then invited the other teams to go out drinking on the town.
- After Leg 7, the five eliminated teams went out to buy souvenirs. They then deduced it was another non-elimination leg when they returned to the hotel and there was no other team waiting for them.
- After Leg 8, the five eliminated teams welcomed Brent & Leroy to the villa, where Itchy & Scratchy expressed disappointment at their exit. They then told the other teams about their leg in Bulgaria.
- After Leg 9, the teams at the villa waited for the next eliminated team, but soon deduced it was a non-elimination leg. Brent & Leroy decided to reminisce over their Race experiences as the other teams went to the pool.
- After Leg 10, the teams received a call from Sam & Bucky. The superheroes told the other teams about their struggles at the Roadblock, then decided to stream a video together with the eliminated teams.
- After Leg 11, the teams received a call from Leo & Pablo. The eliminated teams were in shock as Leo & Pablo told them about the zero-hour Pit Stop and their bad luck at Cotonou.
- Legs 12 and 13 were shown in a two-hour episode. Only one episode of Elimination Station was posted after the episode.
- The eliminated teams flew to the Final Destination City, where the eight eliminated teams met up with Aras & Vytas, who shared their taxi troubles in Brazil with the other teams. The eliminated teams then met up at the Finish Line with the Final Three, where all the teams shared their joys, disappointments and opinions on the race as a whole.
Before the official start of the Race, Season 16 ran a "pre-leg" as an opener.
|Air travel Water travel|
Pre-Leg (Massachusetts, United States Of America)
Air Date: February 29, 2020
- Boston, Massachusetts , United States Of America (Massachusetts State House)
- Boston (Boston Common - Frog Pond)
- Boston (Boston Common - Boston Common Tablet, Boylston Station, Oneida Football Club Monument)
- Boston (Boston City Hall)
- Boston (Fenway Park or Symphony Hall)
- Boston (Boston Tea Party Museum - Eleanor and Beaver)
- Boston (Port Of Boston)
For the Roadblock, one team member had to search the Boston Common for three monuments commemorating United States firsts that occurred in Boston. At the sites of these monuments were clue fragments that, when put together, would reveal their next destination. The Detour gave teams the choice of Eye On The Ball or Ear For Music. In Eye On The Ball, teams had drive themselves to Fenway Park, join a baseball game and have each team member score a home run to receive their next clue. In Ear For Music, teams had to drive themselves to Symphony Hall, enter the main concert hall, get on stage and find the orchestra player not playing music to receive their next clue.
- At the start of the pre-leg, teams were instructed to "head to the oldest city park in the United States". This meant that teams had to head to Boston Common, where they found their next clue near the Frog Pond.
- After the Roadblock, teams had to search the grounds near the Boston City Hall for one of twelve marked cars that contained their next clue.
- At the Boston Tea Party Museum, teams had to recreate the Boston Tea Party and toss wooden chests over the side of either the Eleanor or Beaver replica, until they found one with their next clue.
|Air travel Water travel|
Leg 1 (United States Of America → Bahamas)
Air Date: March 1, 2020
- Boston, Massachusetts , United States Of America (Port Of Boston) (Starting Line)
- Boston (General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport) to Nassau, Bahamas (Lynden Pindling International Airport)
- Nassau (Queen's Staircase)
- Nassau (Prince George Wharf - Welcome Sign)
- Nassau (Prince George Wharf to Paradise Island Ferry Terminal)
- Nassau (Atlantis, Paradise Island - Coral Tower, Harborside Resort, The Reef, The Cove)
- Nassau (Straw Market)
- Nassau (Potters Cay)
- Nassau (British Colonial Hilton Nassau)
To claim this leg’s Fast Forward, teams had to head to The Dig, listen to a storytelling session on the tale of the lusca, and answer five questions on the legend correctly.
For the first Roadblock of the Race, one team member had to search the accommodations of Atlantis Paradise Island for a straw basket containing one of three departure times for the next morning.
The Detour gave teams the choice to win their next clue through either a Boat Race or Eating Contest. In Boat Race, teams had to head to the harbor and join a regatta, where they had to race against locals to Potters Cay. They received their next clue after a predetermined amount of time based on their finish. In Eating Contest, teams had to head directly to Potters Cay and find a marked conch chowder stall. Once there, they had to consume bowls of the local delicacy until they found a bowl with their next clue printed at the bottom.
- At the Port Of Boston, teams had to scan the nautical flags hanging above them at the starting line and decipher a string of seven flags that spelled out the name of their first destination (Bahamas).
- At the Queen's Staircase, teams received a picture of Prince George. Teams then had to figure out that their clue was at the welcome sign at Prince George Wharf.
- After staying at Atlantis Paradise Island, teams had to take their straw baskets to Straw Market (via taxi) and exchange them for their next clue.
Leg 2 (Bahamas → South Korea)
Air Date: March 7, 2020
- Nassau (Junkanoo World)
- Nassau (Lynden Pindling International Airport) to Busan, South Korea (Gimhae International Airport)
- Busan (Yongdusan Park)
- Busan (Bupyeong Market)
- Busan (Seomyeon Medical Street or BEXCO Auditorium)
- Busan (Haedong Yonggungsa Temple)
To claim the unused Fast Forward, teams had to ascend the Busan Tower and search the observation deck for a hwagak box that looked similar to the hwagak box found in Nassau. Inside the box was a picture of the Pit Stop, which they had take with them to the Pit Stop to be able to check in.
In this Roadblock, one team member had to search the market for a marked stall, and prepare five traditional Busan fishcakes. Once all five fishcakes were properly kneaded, fried and served to the satisfaction of the vendor, they received their next clue.
For the Detour, teams had the choice of Ancient Remedies or Modern Records. In Ancient Remedies, teams had to head to Seomyeon Medical Street and search the marked stores in the area for five ailment diagrams and five marked containers. After collecting all diagrams and containers, they had to match the diagrams to the containers containing their respective remedies to receive their next clue. In Modern Records, teams had to head to the BEXCO Auditorium and pay attention to ten Korean songs playing over the speakerphone. Teams then had to identify the album covers of these songs, and then arrange them on stage in chronological order, to receive their next clue.
- At Junkanoo World, teams had to search for an out-of-place artifact (a hwagak box) showing their next destination: Yongdusan Park in Busan, South Korea.
- At Gimhae International Airport, teams had to pick up a marked car and drive themselves to Yongdusan Park.
Leg 3 (South Korea → Australia)
Air Date: March 8, 2020
- Busan (Gimhae International Airport) to Brisbane, Australia (Brisbane Airport)
- Brisbane (Northshore Hamilton Ferry Wharf)
- Brisbane (Northshore Hamilton Ferry Wharf to University Of Queensland Ferry Wharf)
- Brisbane (University Of Queensland)
- Brisbane (George Street or Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary)
- Brisbane (Brisbane Botanic Gardens)
- Brisbane (Mount Coot-tha Lookout & Kiosk)
To claim the unused Fast Forward, teams had to drive themselves to the Wheel Of Brisbane and complete one full 12-minute loop of the ferris wheel while riding one of its 42 capsules.
The Detour gave teams the choice of either Kangaroos or Koalas. In Kangaroos, teams had to drive themselves to George Street and search for a marked “City Roo” kangaroo sculpture. After donning kangaroo outfits found beside the sculpture, teams had to run through George Street and find another marked “City Roo” sculpture where their next clue was located. In Koalas, teams had to drive themselves to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and find a marked koala enclosure. Here, teams had to prepare a stockpile of food items for the koalas, and feed one koala themselves, before receiving their next clue.
In this Roadblock, one team member had to learn the process of creating a boomerang, and make one for themselves. After the boomerang expert is able to test their makeshift boomerang and mark it as functional, they received their next clue.
- At the University Of Queensland, teams had to pick up a marked car and drive themselves to the Detour.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams hiked up a trail to the Mount Coot-tha Lookout & Kiosk.
Leg 4 (Australia → Brunei)
Air Date: March 14, 2020
- Brisbane (Kangaroo Point Lookout)
- Brisbane (Brisbane Airport) to Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei (Brunei International Airport)
- Bandar Seri Begawan (Malay Technology Museum)
- Bandar Seri Begawan (Sungai Kebun Bridge)
- Bandar Seri Begawan (Brunei Arts and Handicraft Centre or Tamu Kianggeh)
- Bandar Seri Begawan (Jalan Residency Jetty)
- Bandar Seri Begawan (Jalan Residency Jetty to Kampong Ayer Jetty)
- Bandar Seri Begawan (Kampong Ayer)
To win the unused Fast Forward, teams had to claim it at the location of the object shown in the enclosed image (a chariot at the Royal Regalia Museum).
For the Roadblock, one team member had to head inside the museum and look for a marked table with dioramas on Brunei’s agricultural and industrial history. Once there, team members had to scan the dioramas for four items that are out of place, and place them in the correct dioramas, to receive their next clue.
For the Detour, teams had a choice between Hat Maker or Money Maker. In Hat Maker, teams had to walk to the Brunei Arts and Handicraft Centre, and join a local *songkok*-making class. After watching a demonstration, teams had to finish the embroidery on two assigned *songkoks* to the satisfaction of the instructor before receiving their next clue. In Money Maker, teams must walk to Tamu Kianggeh and find a marked stall containing *songkoks* for sale. Once there, teams must sell as many *songkoks* to earn 300 BND and receive their next clue.
- At Kangaroo Point Lookout, teams voted for who they want to U-Turn.
Leg 5 (Brunei → Thailand)
Air Date: March 15, 2020
- Bandar Seri Begawan (Brunei International Airport) to Bangkok, Thailand (Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Bangkok (Wat Pho)
- Bangkok (Krung Thon Bridge)
- Bangkok (IconSiam)
- Bangkok (Erawan Shrine)
To claim the unused Fast Forward, teams had to head to Wat Phra Kaew in the Grand Palace complex, look for a series of portraits of the monarchs of the Chakri Dynasty and arrange them in chronological order.
At the Head-To-Head, two teams at a time raced to find a pot that contained the exact number of coins needed to be able to drop one coin in each pot in a row of pots. For their Hazard, Igor & Grichka had to find two pots (instead of one pot like the other teams) to win their Head-To-Head.
After completing the Head-To-Head, teams faced a Detour that gave them one of two options to get to their next clue at Krung Thon Bridge: either through a river boat ride that required successful completion of a memory task of the landmarks on their route (River Boat) or a karaoke taxi that only moved when they sang or when the traffic allowed them (Party Taxi).
For the Roadblock, one team member had to scour the expansive retail space of the IconSiam mall, and purchase eight weapons used in the Thai martial art of *krabi-krabong*. Once team members purchased all eight items, they received their next clue.
Leg 6 (Thailand → Bangladesh)
Air Date: March 21, 2020
- Bangkok (Chatuchak Weekend Market)
- Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Dhaka, Bangladesh (Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport)
- Dhaka (Dhakeshwari Temple)
- Dhaka (Ramakrishna Temple, Armenian Church and Star Mosque)
- Dhaka (Chowk Bazaar)
- Dhaka (Chawkbazar Shahi Mosque)
- Dhaka (Lalbagh Fort)
To win the Fast Forward, teams had to prepare a traditional prasāda that was enough to feed 50 worshippers in the temple.
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to become a cycle rickshaw driver and drop off three sets of passengers at three identified landmarks around Old Dhaka. Once all three passengers were dropped off, they had to drop off their cycle rickshaw at the Chowk Bazaar before receiving their next clue.
The Detour gave teams the choice between Find The Guests or Feed Yourselves. In Find The Guests, teams had to search the alleyways of the bazaar for ten wandering locals donning formal attire and take them to the Chawkbazar Shahi Mosque for a traditional gaye holud ceremony. Once the ten correct guests were brought to the mosque, the groom handed them their next clue. In Feed Yourselves, teams had to search for marked stalls selling dhakai bakarkhani. Once there, teams had to deliver a platter to the Chawkbazar Shahi Mosque to a waiting wedding party and exchange it for two smaller plates. Once teams consumed both plates of dhakai bakarkhani, they received their next clue.
- At the Chatuchak Weekend Market, teams voted for who they want to Yield.
- At the Dhakeshwari Temple, teams had to find a devotee possessing a nakshi kantha with the same design as the swatch provided in their clue. Afterwards, teams had to search the surrounding streets for a cycle rickshaw with the same pattern as their nakshi kantha, and exchange it for their next clue.
Leg 7 (Bangladesh → Russia)
Air Date: March 22, 2020
- Dhaka (Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport) to Barnaul, Russia (Barnaul Gherman Titov International Airport)
- Barnaul (Demidov Square – Demidovsky Pillar)
- Barnaul (Kilometer Zero Of Altai Roads)
- Barnaul (Barnaul Cartridge Plant JSC or Altai Krai Local Museum)
- Barnaul (Nagorny Park)
- Barnaul (Usad'ba Kuptsa Shadrina)
To claim the Fast Forward for this leg, teams had to make their way to the Stone World Museum, take part in a guided tour of the exhibits and correctly name seven rock samples.
In this leg’s Detour, teams had the choice of either Firepower or Heat Energy. In Firepower, teams had to make their way to the Barnaul Cartridge Plant and search for marked crates containing light ammunition. Once there, they had to sort and segregate the different weapons before receiving their next clue. In Heat Energy, teams had to make their way to the Altai Krai Local Museum and search for the exhibits on copper and silver smelting. Following the smelting process detailed in the exhibits, teams had to arrange the dioramas depicting these steps in chronological order before receiving their next clue.
In this Roadblock, one team member had to participate in the local game of svaika, and successfully throw three marlinspikes into the middle of a metal ring on the ground before receiving their next clue.
- At the Demidovsky Pillar, teams had to take an activity tracker and use it to measure the walking distance between the Demidovsky Pillar and the Kilometer Zero Of Altai Roads marker. Once they gave the correct answer, they received their next clue.
- After the Roadblock, teams were given a small wooden house. Teams had to figure out that this was a small-scale model of the Pit Stop, the Usad'ba Kuptsa Shadrina.
Leg 8 (Russia → Bulgaria)
Air Date: March 28, 2020
- Barnaul (Barnaul Gherman Titov International Airport) to Sofia, Bulgaria (Sofia Airport)
- Sofia (Monument To The Tsar Liberator)
- Sofia (Saint Sofia Church or St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral)
- Sofia (Church Of Saint George)
- Sofia (Shtastlivetsa Vitoshka)
- Sofia (Boyana Church)
To win the Fast Forward, teams had to purchase two Martenitsi from a nearby store and then gift them to two Bulgaria National Assembly Building staff members.
For this Detour, teams had the choice of either Costumes or Vestments. In Costumes, teams had to head to the front of the Saint Sofia Church and search for a local Kukeri group. Once there, teams had to learn the Kukeri rituals and perform at least three rituals in front of a panel of judges. Once the judges approved of their rituals, teams received their next clue. In Vestments, teams had to head to the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and search for a group of Eastern Orthodox priests. Once there, teams had to properly dress up five priests preparing for different Eastern Orthodox celebrations before receiving their next clue.
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to eat a full bowl of shkembe chorba, a soup made with tripe. Once that team member consumed one kilogram of the soup, the team received their next clue. To complete their Hazard, whoever of Brent & Leroy did not do the Roadblock also had to consume a full bowl of shkembe chorba.
- Upon arriving at Sofia Airport, teams had to choose a marked car and drive themselves to the Monument To The Tsar Liberator.
- After the Detour, teams were told to make their way on foot to the "oldest building in Sofia". Teams had to figure out that they had to head to the Church Of Saint George, where the U-Turn was located.
Leg 9 (Bulgaria → Serbia)
Air Date: March 29, 2020
- Tran (Strezimirovci Village Border Checkpoint)
- Belgrade, Serbia (Avala Tower)
- Belgrade (SRPC "Milan Gale Muškatirović")
- Belgrade (Zvezdara Forest)
- Belgrade (Štark Arena or Nikola Tesla Museum)
- Belgrade (Gardoš Tower)
Upon arrival at the Avala Tower, teams faced an Intersection. At the Intersection, teams had to join with one other team to complete tasks and make decisions together until further notice.
To win the unclaimed Fast Forward, Intersected teams had to head to the Aeronautical Museum Belgrade and search the museum for three old Yugoslav aircraft. These exhibits contained three words, which spelt out the name of the next Pit Stop (Kula Sibinjanin Janka, or the Gardoš Tower).
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member from each of the Intersected teams had to pair up and play a doubles tennis match against a pair of local tennis players. Once they won a match against the local players, they received their next clue.
For this Detour, the newly-separated teams had the choice of either Singers or Circuits. In Singers, teams had to drive themselves to the Štark Arena and head to the main event hall, where 20 musical performers awaited them. Once there, teams had to identify the three performers playing Serbian songs to receive their next clue. In Circuits, teams had to drive themselves to the Nikola Tesla Museum and head to the permanent exhibit. Once there, teams had to assemble three small circuits using only the museum’s exhibits on electricity as a guide. Once all three light bulbs were lit, they received their next clue.
- At the Strezimirovci Village Border Checkpoint, teams received a small metal souvenir. Teams had to figure out that this directed them to the Avala Tower in Belgrade, Serbia.
- After completing the Roadblock, Intersected teams were instructed to head to the "left lung of the city". Teams had to figure out that this directed them to the Zvezdara Forest.
- At the Zvezdara Forest, Intersected teams then had to search for ten protected animals to receive their next clue. After completing this task, teams were no longer Intersected.
Leg 10 (Serbia → Benin)
Air Date: April 4, 2020
- Belgrade (Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport) to Cotonou, Benin (Cardinal Bernardin Gantin International Airport)
- Porto-Novo (Alexandre Sènou Adandé Ethnographic Museum)
- Porto-Novo (Musee Honmé)
- Porto-Novo (Restaurant Les Delices or Ouando Market)
- Porto-Novo (Complexe Touristique Hôtelier Le Palais)
To claim the Fast Forward for this leg, teams had to head to the Jardin Des Plantes Et De La Nature and search the grounds of the botanical gardens for the Fast Forward award.
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to learn how to play the alounloun and perform a minute-long adjogan song. Once the song was performed to the satisfaction of the judges, they received their next clue.
After completing the Roadblock, teams faced a Detour, which gave teams the choice between Food or Clothing. In Food, teams had to head to the Restaurant Les Delices and prepare a traditional Beninese meal of fufu and an accompanying soup. Once both the fufu and the soup were properly prepared, they had to serve it to a waiting table before receiving their next clue. In Clothing, teams had to head to the Ouando Market and find a marked stall. Once they found the stall, teams had a grab a 100-yard roll of locally-grown cotton and sell the cotton to other clothing stores by the yard. Once all 100 yards were sold, they received their next clue.
- At the Alexandre Sènou Adandé Ethnographic Museum, teams had to paint a Yoruba mask to the satisfaction of the museum curator before receiving their next clue. For their Hazard, Jake & Holt had to paint a second Yoruba mask.
Leg 11 (Benin)
Air Date: April 5, 2020
- Cotonou (Autonomous Port Of Cotonou)
- Cotonou (Cotonou Cathedral or Cotonou Lighthouse)
- Cotonou (Dantokpa Market)
- Cotonou (Red Star Square)
To claim the last Fast Forward of the season, teams had to make their way to the boat dock of the Complexe Touristique Hôtelier Le Palais. Once there, they had to take a boat ride across Lake Nokoue to the Débarcadaire Du Quartier Ahouansouri, where the Fast Forward awaited.
This leg's Detour gave teams the choice of By The Name or By The Pound. In By The Name, teams had to make their way to the Cotonou Cathedral and head inside the church. Once there, they had to filter through the churchgoers and assemble a ten-member church choir only using a set of provided clues and an Akan name guide. Once all ten choir members were correctly selected, they received their next clue. In By The Pound, teams had to head to the Cotonou Lighthouse and grab three vats of locally-produced palm oil. After grabbing the vats, teams had to deliver the vats to three specified restaurants (Bar Dekoun, Fufu Base, Les Trois Mousquetaires) and ask for a signature after each successful delivery. Once all three signatures were acquired, they had to return to the Cotonou Lighthouse to get their next clue.
For the Roadblock, one team member had to assist five locals who went shopping at Dantokpa Market and take them to their assigned zémidjans, or local motor taxis. Once all five locals were able to ride their assigned zémidjans, they received their next clue.
- Upon arriving at the Autonomous Port Of Cotonou, teams had to search the area for a pair of Vodun dolls bearing their likenesses, with their next clue attached.
Leg 12 (Benin → Brazil)
Air Date: April 18, 2020
- Cotonou (Cardinal Bernardin Gantin International Airport) to São Paulo, Brazil (São Paulo–Guarulhos International Airport)
- São Paulo (Axé Ilê Obá)
- São Paulo (Praça Da Sé - Marco Zero)
- São Paulo (Ibirapuera Park - Obelisk Of São Paulo)
- São Paulo (Praça Da Paz or AACD-Servidor Metro Station)
- São Paulo (Liberdade Street Fair)
- São Paulo (São Paulo Stock Exchange Building)
To complete this Detour, teams had to get their next clue at the Liberdade Street Fair by either taking a helicopter taxi from the Praça Da Paz to one of three identified landmarks - Galeria Imperial, Parque Bixiga or Praça Artesãos Calabreses - and walking the remaining distance (High Above) or heading to the AACD-Servidor Station and navigating the lines of the São Paulo Metro to get to the Japão-Liberdade Metro Station (Down Below).
Upon arriving at the Liberdade Street Fair, one team member had to complete the Roadblock, which required them to search the stalls for one locally-crafted wooden macaw figurine painted in yellow and red. Engraved on the macaw figurine was the name of their next destination (B3 - Brasil Bolsa Balcão S.A., pointing to the São Paulo Stock Exchange Building).
- Upon arrival at Axé Ilê Obá, teams had to get their Vodun dolls from the last leg blessed in a Candomblé ceremony before receiving their next clue.
- From Marco Zero, teams had to head to the Obelisk Of São Paulo at Ibirapuera Park and figure out the distance they traveled, before receiving their next clue.
- Upon arrival at the São Paulo Stock Exchange Building, teams had to head to the trading panel and review a provided stock portfolio. After correctly deciding on whether to buy, sell or hold the stocks in the portfolio based on the flashing stock ticker, teams then had to search the building for the Pit Stop.
Leg 13 (Brazil → United States Of America)
Air Date: April 18, 2020
- São Paulo (São Paulo–Guarulhos International Airport) to Baltimore, Maryland , United States Of America (Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport)
- Baltimore (Baltimore World Trade Center - Top Of The World Observation Level)
- Baltimore (National Aquarium)
- Baltimore (Lexington Market or Baltimore Inner Harbor Marina)
- Baltimore (Baltimore Convention Center)
- Baltimore (Baltimore Marriott Waterfront)
- Baltimore (Fort McHenry) (Finish Line)
For the final Detour, teams had the choice of Old Bay or Old Harbor. In Old Bay, teams had to run to Lexington Market and scour the merchandise stalls for marked tables with plated spice mixes. Using only a provided sample, teams had to identify the plate with Old Bay Seasoning mix via taste and exchange it for their next clue. In Old Harbor, teams had to run to the Baltimore Inner Harbor Marina and receive a list of neighborhoods. In celebration of Baltimore being a “city of neighborhoods”, teams had to search the surrounding area for ten residents from ten different Baltimore neighborhoods and bring them back to the marina to get their next clue.
For the final Roadblock, one team member had to enter the main event hall of the Baltimore Convention Center and search through the numerous craft stalls for twelve handicrafts or artisanal wares they’ve encountered along the Race (see below). Once teams found a handicraft or artisanal ware, they had to bring it back to their station and place it in the corresponding cubicle. Once the 12 correct handicrafts were placed in the correct cubicles, they received their next clue.
- At the Top Of The World Observation Level, teams had to scan the 360-degree panoramic view for a building marked with a yellow and red flag on the roof. Teams found their next clue inside the building (the National Aquarium).
- At the National Aquarium, teams had to search the exhibits and photograph sixteen blue crabs before receiving their next clue.
- After the Detour, teams had to walk to the Baltimore Convention Center to get their next clue.
- After completing the Roadblock, teams received a locally-made snow globe showing the Baltimore skyline. Teams had to figure out that this directed them to the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront.
- At the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, teams were directed to an event hall where "The Star-Spangled Banner" played on a loop. Teams had to figure out that this directed them to the Finish Line at Fort McHenry.
|ImANewUser Amazing Race|
|Seasons||1: Female Teams 1 • 2 • 3: Female Teams 2 • 4 • 5: Fanfic Teams • 6 • 7: All-Stars 1 • 8: Male Teams 1 • 9: Mixed-Gender Teams 1 • 10: Male Teams 2 • 11: Mixed-Gender Teams 2 • 12 • 13 • 14: All-Stars 2 (Unfinished Business) • 15: Female Teams 3 • 16: Male Teams 3 • 17: Mixed-Gender Teams 3 • 18: Scripted TV|
|Leg Summaries||2 • 13|
|Statistics & Trivia||Finalists • Player Profiles • Race Routes • Route Markers|
|Other Fantasy Amazing Races|